We have a system of Secondment — an innovative style of delivering legal services on a free-agency basis where the particular needs of the client is matched with the precise skill and expertise of the servicing lawyer.
It is a unique alternative to traditional law firm practice as it significantly reduces legal fees, while improving the quality of legal services. The system eliminates the pricey overhead expenses incorporated into the fees of traditional law firms and the expensive billable hours racked up by partners who oftentimes, do overlapping work.
How Does it Work?
At an agreed set price for a specific project or special transaction, the clients gets to choose their servicing lawyer from our pool of attorneys and the lawyers are free to accept their engagements based on their level of interest in the project and the clients involved. The services are activated only upon mutual consent of both the client and the servicing lawyer. If the match is successful, the servicing lawyer gets sent out on-site to the client’s office, where he works side-by-side with the client or the client’s in-house counsel, and spends anywhere from several days or months, continuously working on the client’s project, until its successful conclusion. The servicing lawyer is extensively supervised by a Partner of the Firm, while enjoying the full support of its legal and non-legal staff, and the extensive use of its resources.
Benefits of Secondment
“It’s like having your own exclusive in-house counsel without the related costs.”
- No billable hours
- No overhead expenses
- No expenditure for employee salary and benefits
- Exclusive, personal, regular and continuous assistance of a servicing lawyer of your own choice
- Constant supervision and guidance by the Firm of the chosen servicing lawyer on-site
Who needs Secondment?
Secondment might be for you, if:
- You are newly established and needs legal assistance to set up your offices, manage day-to-day operations, set up management guidelines, financial, labor and human relations policies
- You are engaged in special projects or transactions that require legal assistance, whether on occasion or on a continuous or regular basis
- You need constant legal assistance in the day-to-day operations of your office, business or company, but you don’t want the hassle and additional expense of taking on an in-house counsel as a regular employee
- Your current in-house counsel needs an assistant for cyclical work, unusual workload or work build-up or accumulation
Disini & Disini ensures that the lawyers from its pool are able to deliver comprehensive legal and business advice and dispense excellent legal assistance for even the most complex of projects at affordable rates. The servicing lawyer, although acting autonomously most of the time, has the benefit of seeking the supervision and guidance of the partners of the Firm and has the privilege to use the Firm’s resources at no additional cost to the client.